Audit your current skills and consider how you could make use of the skills you develop as a student.
There is not a sharp divide between the skills needed for academic study and those used elsewhere. This means that, whatever your previous education, you will have experiences that you can draw upon and adapt to support your studies. Similarly, once you graduate, the academic skills you use as a student will apply to other contexts.
This section covers the following topics:
- Success as a student: what lecturers say
- What are study skills?
- The APT-S study skills framework
- Self-managing yourself for study
- Academic skills
- People skills
- Task management skills
- Resilience as a student
- Your current skills and qualities
- Using personal skills in academic study
- Study skills: my priorities
- Study skills: action plan
- Recording achievement
- Learn from other students
- Practise identifying the skills you need
- Skills self-assessment